Chicago-based Software Engineer with a focus on front end web development
Current Position: Software Architect at SPR
Primary Dev Environment: VSCode on MacOS or Linux
Top 5% Stack Overflow user;
Hi, I'm Alex. I've been a professional full-time developer since 2012. I consider myself fortunate to have landed in a career that is engaging and challenging.
I believe that we should leave no user behind, and avoid making assumptions that all our users have fast connections, or can see the content on the screen, or have two functioning hands with which to interact with their device.
Looking for my resume?
An ongoing exploration of web accessibility for front end developers:
- Confession: I Have Not Given Web Accessibility The Consideration It Deserves Why web accessibility deserves far more consideration in the world of web development.
- Defining “Accessibility” What do we mean when we use the term “accessibility?” What do we mean when we use the term “disability?”
- An Unreasonably Long Introduction To ARIA With great power comes great accessibility...
- Currying, Partial Application, and Infinite Application What’s the difference, when to use them, how to use them, and a utility to help you.
Below is a list of supplemental materials generated for various presentations:
- Presentation: "The Way I Use Git Is Objectively Correct And You Have To Do It This Way Too Or Else: A Megalomaniac's Guide To Git"
...hover the rocketblimp...